Enjoy a Virtual Tour Mary MacKillop Museum!
Adelaide’s newest museum tells the story of Mary MacKillop, Australia’s first canonised saint: pioneering educator, social reformer—now a cultural icon—and those who have followed her since 1866.
Mary MacKillop Museum:
- is located at Mary MacKillop Precinct, Kensington, where Mary lived from 1872-1883.
- offers an interactive visitor experience through the use of sound pens, touch screens and other contemporary storytelling approaches
- is disabled-friendly
- provides translated texts of exhibits in three languages: Italian, Vietnamese and Chinese
- has an exciting Gift Shop with reasonably-priced memorabilia and religious objects, plus beautiful gifts and cards for special occasions and milestones
- has an enthusiastic band of volunteers who love to welcome visitors
- has a new café, which opened in October this year
- is the starting and end point for the proposed local Kensington-Norwood self-guided Mary MacKillop Walk. This is a work-in-progress, and will be launched early in 2021. Watch this space!
Click here for a 2-minute virtual tour, which, we hope will give you a taste for more!
We invite you to visit the ‘real thing’ – any day, except Monday, and between 10.00a.m. and 4.00p.m.
Come … be inspired. Visit alone, or with a group.