A place that ticks lots of boxes!
April 18, 2023
If you’re trying to plan some enjoyable weekend or school holiday outings/activities for your children or grand children, Mary MacKillop Museum in Kensington is worth a visit!
- It offers an interactive, ‘hands-on’ experience – with user-friendly audio and visual storytelling to engage and inspire the young and not-so-young
- There are stories that will touch your heart and inspire you
- It’s a celebration of the lives of a band of courageous, resourceful, resilient, women: Mary MacKillop, her early companions and later followers
- There are activities to keep younger children occupied while the adults and older children enjoy the museum
- It has a beautiful souvenir shop, with cards and gifts for special occasions
- You and the children can also enjoy refreshments at our award-winning High Street Café,
We think you’ll agree that Mary MacKillop Museum will tick a lot of your boxes!
And there’s more!
- If you have extra time on your hands, there’s the local Kensington-Norwood self-guided Mary MacKillop Walk. This takes in historic Kensington and the iconic Norwood Parade. Pick up a booklet from either the Museum or the Norwood Town Hall and set out on a walk through history!