Mary MacKillop Precinct
Mary MacKillop Precinct is located at Kensington, on the historical site established by Mary MacKillop in 1872. Here she lived, prayed and worked until 1883.
The Precinct comprises: Mary MacKillop Museum, St Joseph’s Chapel and Bethany Centre.
The local Mary MacKillop Walk begins and ends at Mary MacKillop Precinct.
Hours of Operation
Mary MacKillop Museum
- A place and a story to touch your heart! Click here for a virtual tour to whet your appetite for more!
- Tuesday to Sunday, 10.00am – 4.00pm. Closed: Mondays
St Joseph’s Chapel
- Temporarily closed to the public on account of Covid-19.
- Weddings by appointment
- Spirituality/Personal Development Programmes – open to all! Click here for 2021 Events booklet. Bookings essential.
- Hire bookings enquiries: Phone: 08 8130 5900, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary MacKillop Walk
- Free self-guided booklets available from either Mary MacKillop Museum, 19 Phillips Street, Kensington or Norwood Town Hall, The Parade, Norwood OR or download the app to your smartphone.
- Guided tours: 1st Sunday and 1st Wednesday of every month, except January. Bookings essential: by 4.00p.m. the day before the scheduled walk. Phone Mary MacKillop Museum: 08 8130 5910, or email
By appointment. For enquiries: Phone: 08 8130 5900, or email: email@example.com