The staff of Mary MacKillop Museum are working with experienced educators to create curriculum resources and activities for teachers, parents and students. We hope these will help to promote a better understanding and knowledge of the legacy of Mary MacKillop, Julian Tenison Woods and the Josephite story – and how it continues to grow, develop and take on new directions in response to the needs of today.
Some Resources: background information, activities and links for teachers …
- Who was Mary MacKillop?
- Mary’s Legacy
- Who was Julian Tenison Woods?
- Julian’s Legacy
- ABC’s Fierce Girls featured Mary MacKillop (podcast)
- Download: Mary MacKillop – A Brief Biography [PDF]
- Download: Mary MacKillop 1842-1909 – A Timeline [PDF]
- Download: St Mary of the Cross MacKillop: Themes, Lesson Ideas and Resources for Teachers [PDF]
- Download Teacher Resource book: Mary MacKillop – A Resource Book [PDF]
- Download Article: Mary MacKillop – A Woman Ahead of her Time [PDF]
- Download Teachers’ Notes for The Black Dress: Mary MacKillop a Novel [PDF]
- Download booklet: Mary MacKillop Museum – Discover the Life and Legacy of Austraila’s First Saint [PDF]
- Inspiration from Mary MacKillop
- Troubie: Theatre for Young People ‘Sister Mary of the Cross’ (performances at schools, Years 7-12)
- Aussie Star Resources: (Colonial Australian Woman: Mary MacKillop Activity Pack)
- Recognising Mary
- Significant Dates in the Life and Sainthood of Mary MacKillop [PDF]
- Post your prayer
- Stations of the Cross: A Journey with St Mary of the Cross MacKillop
- The Story of Mary MacKillop (YouTube clip)
- Penola School Dig (YouTube clip: Inspiration for Mary MacKillop Museum’s Touch Table activity)
- Mary MacKillop’s South Australian Story (YouTube clip)
- Shaping a Nation: Saint Mary MacKillop (YouTube clip)
- The Story of Mary MacKillop (Perforned by children- YouTube clip)
- Miss Marina’s Story Corner: The Story of Mary MacKillop (YouTube clip)
- The Life of Mary MacKillop (YouTube clip)
- Mother Mary of the Cross (YouTube – Song: John Burland)
- I Remember MacKillop (YouTube – Documentary: Interview with a 103 year-old man who knew Mary MacKillop)
- Mary MacKillop’s Canonisation (YouTube news clip)
- Saint Mary MacKillop Celebrated in Rome (YouTube news clip)
- Australia’s First Saint (YouTube news clip)
- Pope Canonises Saint Mary of the Cross (YouTube news clip)
- Saint Mary and the Saint Makers (YouTube: 4 Corners report)
- Mary MacKillop Museum Adelaide (4-minute video introduction)
SA Crossways Religious Education Framework.
Teachers are encouraged to develop their own units, faithful to the Framework Learning Outcomes. Such professional initiative is strongly encouraged. Unit packages will assist students achieve a particular RE Learning Outcome.
- Mary MacKillop Precinct /Museum Crossways Unit #1: Celebrating the Josephite Story
- Mary MacKillop Precinct /Museum Crossways Unit #2: Change and continuity in Josephite ministry
- Mary MacKillop Precinct /Museum Crossways Unit #3: Mary MacKillop proclaiming the Good News
Additional resources and links will be uploaded progressively through 2021 as they become available. Watch this space!